Tuesday, July 12, 2011

what does loss look like??
for me, loss looks like having to give things up. it looks like realizing that your father and mother weren't really present in my life. it looks like not having enough time in the day to do everything i need to do (like get things done around the house, spend quality time with my wife and son, to not have closer relationships with friends from the past). my wife posted about potential and possibilities. what does that really look like in relation to my life? i don't even know if i can grasp that concept. it feels like all i have known is loss and the disappointment that comes with that. i have been blessed with a beautiful wife and son and i'm not about to lose them!!
i'm emotionally tired. i can't even really think.
i need some really good sleep.
to be continued.....

1 comment:

  1. I'm hearing you beginning to weigh the loss of realizing that your parents weren't present like they should have been in your childhood. That's a great loss to grieve. I just hope you remember that you don't have to grieve alone.

    I feel sad seeing that all you feel like you have known is loss. Anticipating reading more from you about all of this.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete